In light of the ever-changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we will provide any status changes or updates on this web page and on our Facebook page. Please check back here before any planned visit to the shelter.
*** Adoptions by Appointment Only ***
How Can I Adopt?
The WSHS Adoption Center is closed for walk-ins and tours. We are processing dog and cat adoptions by appointment only. If you are interested in adopting a new pet, please review our temporary adoption process that follows social distancing guidelines to keep your family and our staff and volunteers as safe as possible.
We are accepting drop off donations of items such as food, towels, toys, etc. only on specific dates and times. Currently, our donation dates and times are: Wednesday, June 3rd from 1:00 to 3:00 pm and Saturday, June 6th from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Click here for a list of our most needed items. Please consider making a monetary donation to help us to continue to care for our animals.
You can also check out our Amazon wish list here and order items to be delivered directly to us. Thank you for any assistance you can provide during this tumultuous time!
Can I Tour Your New Adoption Center?
Sorry, we are unable to provide public tours of our new Adoption Center at this time.
How Can I Contact the Shelter?
Please stay safe and keep your family and your own pets safe. And remember to come and see our new Adoption Center when life gets back to normal.
What Should I Do for my own Pets?
- Include your pets in any preparedness plans that you and your family make.
- When you're at the store stocking up on items, be sure to grab an extra bag of dog food or cat food.
- If your pet is on a long-term medication, talk to your vet about getting some extra pills to make sure you won't run out
- Identify a family member or friend to care for your pets in the event you become ill.
- Ensure that your pets have a registered microchip and current identification tags.
- Be sure to have a crate/carrier on-hand in case you need to move or transport your pet.