Due to Covid-19, volunteers are available to accept donations of items on:
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5 pm
Saturdays from 12-2 pm
at the Delivery Drive at the south end of our Adoption Center.
Please also consider making a monetary donation to help us to continue to care for our animals. Thank you for any assistance you can provide during this tumultuous time!
WSHS is always in need of supplies to keep us going daily! Find out how you can support the operation of the shelter by donating supplies ...
In addition to monetary donations, WSHS is always in need of the following items to keep us going daily!
- Paper Towels
- Anti-bacterial hand soap
- Dog Leashes (no retractable leashes) - 6 foot and 30 foot
- Any canned cat, dog, kitten, and puppy food
- For dry food, we use only Purina One dog and puppy formula and Purina One cat and kitten formula
- Kitten milk replacement
- Pet Safe Ice Melt/Salt
- Dog and cat toys (we especially like Kong and Nylabone brands!)
- Cat litter - Unscented, clumping and/or clay
- Postage stamps
- Hand Sanitizer
- Six-inch paper plates
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Ziplock Bags - Gallon and Quart Sizes
- Laundry Detergent
For more specific suggestions, click on the link below to check out our Amazon.com wish list. A portion of your purchase goes back to the shelter!
We also have a Chewy.com wait list. Click on the link below, for more specific suggestions.
Give the gift of comfort. Donate a Kuranda bed!
Give the gift of a Stretch and Scratch pad!
Medical items needed by WSHS
- 18, 22, 25 gauge needle
- First aid – qtips, cotton balls, alcohol, gloves, medical gowns, shoe covers
- 1, 3, 5, 10, 60 mL syringes
- Saline in bags (aka lactated ringers) – not dialysis
- Non-expired medication
- SHARPS containers
- We cannot use insulin or diabetes medication
For all other medical donation items, please take to Project CURE, 10305 Argonne Dr., Ste 200, Woodridge, L 60517. Donation hours are Mon-Thurs 9am – 3pm; Fri 9am - Noon
Click here for a printer-friendly version of our wish list.